Online CE Course: Review of ANSI-AARST Standards of Radon Measurement and Mitigation
- Full-day CE course: Review of ANSI-AARST Standards of Radon Measurement and Mitigation | 8 am - 5 pm (ET) (8 CE Hours) $125
- Half-day CE class: Review of ANSI-AARST Standards of Radon Measurement | 8 am - 12 pm (ET) (4 CE Hours) $75
- Half-day CE class: Review of ANSI-AARST Standards of Radon Mitigation | 1 pm - 5 pm (ET) (4 CE Hours) $75
These classes will fulfill the new requirements of NRPP ensuring all credential professionals are updated on the current ANSI-AARST Standards. The CE classes satisfy requirements for renewal - not for initial training.
An individual who is certified in both measurement and mitigation will need to complete both courses to renew both certifications. The classes will be four hours each: Measurement Standards (4 CE hours) and Mitigation Standards (4 CE hours). This new requirement applies to NRPP - certification renewals beginning July 1, 2023.
The CE Course Materials:
Review of ANSI-AARST Standards of Radon Measurement (4 CE hours):
- Old EPA Protocol vs. Current ANSI/AARST standard
- Required test durations and locations
- Testing individual units within the same building
- Required prior notification, verification of test conditions, and onsite documentation
- What MUST be included in a compliant radon test report
- Record keeping
- General mitigation system safety review
- The role of an NRPP Certified SGM Compliance Inspector
- Testing post-mitigation and new construction
- QC requirements
- Warning and control limits for CRM comparison checks
Review of ANSI-AARST Standards of Radon Mitigation (4 CE hours):
- General Practices
- System Design
- ASD Installations
- Requirements for All Systems
- Post Mitigation
- Health & Safety
- Non-ASD Systems & Methods
NRPP is dedicated to providing continuous professional development for our credentialed professionals and aims to ensure that they are updated on the current ANSI-AARST Standards.
To aid in this effort, the Certification Council has determined that it is necessary to implement a mandatory ANSI-AARST standards CE requirement in 2023 for all renewing NRPP-Certified Measurement Professionals, Mitigation Specialists, Measurement Field Technicians, and Mitigation Installers.
Completion of such overview courses will be required for all future renewals. The NRPP Certification Council also revised the minimum CE requirement from 16 hours to 12 hours for individuals with certifications in measurement only or mitigation only, to provide parity with the 24-hour CE requirement for individuals certified for both measurement and mitigation, effective January 1, 2023.